Thursday, June 08, 2006

Fun Coincidence

Sometime in the next few days, the counter at the bottom of the page will roll over to 30,000. Next Monday, my parents will have been married for 30 years.

In honor of the former achievement, I've taken a look at two stats I rarely examine: Where visitors come here from and what they look for most often.

Turns out a lot of one-time visitors to the blog show up because it's listed on bestgayblogs.com (at least 75 unique visitors) and queerfilter.com (at least 64 unique visitors). I have James in Seattle to thank for more than 40 visitors who came from isleepinadrawer.com. Betty Rocker has sent at least 35 unique visitors my way. The Sage Grouse, up in Canada, accounted for at least 24 unique visitors. Jon has sent 20 people my way, while Quad Cities blogger pioneer98, of The Bridge to Somewhere, has sent no less than 15 (likely shocked) visitors to me.

And why does the outside world find its way to me? In terms of people just finding their way to a specific post out of nowhere, often as a result of a Google or Yahoo search, more people have visited this post on how diet pop messes with your appetite than any other. Coming second was my post about Mandisa's intro to the second-to-last song she performed on American Idol, where I claimed that her reference to "lifestyle" was code for "gay." Also frequently sought out were my top ten and "Best of the Rest" posts summing up my thoughts on albums released in 2005. And people have come looking for my thoughts on both Andrew's bitter feud with Bree on Desperate Housewives and on the death of John Spencer of The West Wing.

No comments: