Thursday, June 16, 2005

Too Much of a Good Thing

While home sick on Tuesday, I watched three episodes of The O.C. on DVD. I think that explains why Adam Brody (my minor crush on whom helps explain my interest in watching the show on DVD, though I've become quite taken with the characters and story now) reprised his role as Seth Cohen in my dream last night. It does not explain what he ended up saying to me.

You see, Seth and I became fast friends in my dream, quite like Seth and Ryan on the show. We were at the beach, playing frisbee with Summer and Marissa and having a great time. Then we decided it would be fun to bury people in the sand. When it got to be my turn, I was buried up to my chest.

At this point, with me trapped under a lot of sand, the dream took a horrible and abrupt turn. Seth turned away from me and started talking quietly with Summer. Then he turned around again, looked me dead in the eyes, and said, "I hate you, Richard."

And then I woke up.

This is an embarrassing dream, I know. But I can't get it out of my head! Why, Seth, why? Why do you hate me when I love you and your show? And what does this dream say about me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian and I watched 6 episodes last night. Yes, I know, we have no life. But when you emailed him about your dream, it was so funny (at the time) because here you were dreaming about Seth and we were watching him.

Anonymous said...

I can't say I've ever seen an episode of the OC (around here, it's all Dora, all the time). So, in my head, when you say you're dreaming of Seth, I picture the little hairy boy that I went to elementary school with. He was about 4'4". Yuck. You can do much better than that...

Richard said...

For your benefit, Jessica, here is a link to a picture of Adam Brody, who is definitely not a 4'4" hairy boy: http://www.kanal5.se/upload/Programsidor/OC/adam.jpg

Unconvinced? Check out this picture: http://www.123posters.com/images/movie/f-oc3.jpg

You cannot imagine how much it hurt to have that beautiful face saying the words "I hate you, Richard" if you try!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, okay, he's cute. I don't know though...it looks like he spends too much time getting his eyebrows threaded, though. Something about guys that take more time in the bathroom than I do...it just doesn't do it for me. Then again, my idea of a good time is sitting down to watch CMT, so maybe I need a pretty boy now and then to balance everything out.

Zaki said...

This is rather coincidental, as Sean Coyle was just telling me how he's bumped into Adam Brody at several random times over the past few weeks...to the point where Brody thinks he knows Sean.

Maybe you two should switch off, as Sean seems to have some kind of irrational hatred for the guy. Funny stuff.