Friday, September 19, 2003

Don't Be So Quick To Walk Away

I had a retail curse on me tonight. At Circuit City, I tried to return a $14.99 video cable and the guy told me my refund would be $4.00. That would be the price of an audio cable, which was on the same receipt. But did he correct his mistake? No...he told me that his Circuit City doesn't have the same inventory as the one where I bought the cable in the first place...and I get to go back there and have the same foolish argument with another person. Then, at Cold Stone Creamery, the kid behind the counter actually mocked my ice cream while he was making it. I paid for dessert, not a lecture on how wonderful the banana caramel crunch is and how unadventurous I am for ordering the Founder's Favorite.

Bookended by these two events was a very pleasant dinner with Brian and Michele at Tribella in Batavia. (They also witnessed the dessert debacle.)

By the way, the box at the right will allow you to subscribe to an e-mail version of this blog; you can have it waiting in in your inbox for you a few times a week free of charge! And most of the time it'll contain posts with more depth than this one. Coming soon: commentary on the recall decision of the court, when the case is decided; discussion of (and picks for) the Emmys; and the full lyrics of Justin Timberlake's "Rock Your Body." Maybe just two of those three...

No comments: