Friday, June 29, 2007

Still Lining Up

Want a Wii? Come early and get in line - Yahoo! News

Nearly a year in, people are still waiting to buy a Wii. Folks at Nintendo must be wondering if maybe $299 would have been a better price for the system.

I bought mine for $217 with tax, as I've discussed in the past, and didn't wait in line. But, contrary to what mothers everywhere tell their children, not having to work for it didn't make me appreciate my Wii any less. Just this week I've been honing my skills at boxing, the most difficult of the games within Wii Sports, while taking Jonii, a Mii of Jon's who recently arrived on my console, into the 2000+ stratosphere in tennis in three days of play. (My own Mii, simply named Richard, has topped 2100.) And working up quite a sweat, too!

So, if you're on the fence about the Wii, know this: It's been worth every penny I paid for it and then some!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have had ours for a couple months now and still play it almost every day. I am almost done with Super Paper Mario and am an adequate bowler in the 1300 range. It was a very wise buy.