Tuesday, September 28, 2004

New Management?

Slate's New Buyers

You all know how much I love Slate. I've probably posted more articles by Fred Kaplan, William Saletan, Timothy Noah, and Dahlia Lithwick than any other writers. So I find it interesting that Microsoft is selling the site, possibly to the Washington Post. I also find this description spot-on: "In any case, the talent pool, and Slate’s smart-people-procrastinating-at-work readership, is part of what is said to attract the Post, since it regards itself as a national paper trapped in a local paper’s body."

They've found us out, folks. I'll try to return later today with more distractions, including, perhaps, the response from Alan Keyes to the news that his daughter is, like Mary Cheney, a lesbian. Isn't irony fun?

No comments: