Thursday, July 08, 2004

Changing the Tone

A Foul Mouth And Manhood

I thought everyone knew about Dick Cheney's little explosion on the Senate floor last week, but he must have caught the low point in the news cycle; my mother was shocked to hear about it. Since I fully intend to call the Bush-Cheney ticket "Team Go F*** Yourself" until November, I thought the link above would provide some helpful background on why. You've got to love the way Anna Quindlen runs Cheney's entire explanation of his conduct--and imagines it being used by a student council VP as he explains his use of obscenity to the high school principal:

"He had challenged my integrity. And I didn't like that. But most of all I didn't like the fact that after he had done so, then he wanted to act like everything's peaches and cream. And I informed him of my view of his conduct in no uncertain terms. And, as I say, I felt better afterwards."

Normally I'm against the idea that the most positive candidate is the best one, but it's hard not to contrast the dour and foul-mouthed Cheney with the new Democratic VP nominee:

1 comment:

Paul V. Allen said...

Al Franken reportedly described Chaney as someone who enjoys suggesting "anatomical impossibilities."