Thursday, July 01, 2004

New links

I don't know if you, as a reader of this site, often peruse the links in the sidebar. I've recently added a few that will be of particular interest as the election plays out between now and November.

The first, Electoral Vote Predictor, updates daily with polling data in each state. A map shows which states each candidate is leading and the extent of their lead; Kerry has a safe lead in California and Bush a safe lead in Texas, but Kerry's hold on Nevada is tenuous; likewise for Bush in Pennsylvania. (I predict those two will swap: Kerry will win in Pennsylvania, but Bush will probably grab Nevada back. If Kerry gets both, I'm willing to guarantee victory.) At the top of the page, a counter shows you how many electoral votes each candidate would get today based on the polls.

The second, The Note, is a daily rundown of, well, everything surrounding the presidential election. They follow the ad buys, the veepstakes, every appearance--everything. And they seem to think that Kerry is going to announce his VP choice next Wednesday, having already hired a chief of staff and a press secretary for the soon-to-be second banana. That's pretty much what I thought: wait until the holiday and the Iraq handover are over, then get started on the pre-convention blitz. Here's hoping I can get my Kerry/Edwards sign out soon.

I hope the new links provide you with hours of enjoyment!

No comments: