Friday, June 11, 2004

Music Mania

The power of a Columbia House membership is a frightening thing. It allows whim-buying of an order that I rarely achieve even in a used-CD shop; witness today's order for proof:
Modest Mouse: The Moon & Antarctica
Mandy Moore: Coverage
Billy Bragg/Wilco: Mermaid Avenue
Tori Amos: Tales Of A Librarian: A Tori Amos Collection
Alison Krauss & Union Station: Live
Stereolab: Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Toad the Wet Sprocket: P.S. (A Toad Retrospective)
Björk: Greatest Hits
Neil Young: Decade

By my count, that's nine albums and eleven discs of music, all purchased to combine the benefits of reduced shipping, a buy-two-get-five-free offer (though somehow, I'm buying two--one of which is a double album--and getting seven), and the need to complete my membership requirements after using the initial offer to get all the Bob Dylan SACDs.

Want to get in on the madness? Drop me a line and I'll even let you have some of the free CDs they'll give me when you join.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Touché. I thought Tori Amos would give me a high enough gay quotient, and considering that I want to see Saved! this weekend, I think I can be forgiven for wanting a Mandy Moore CD as well. Besides, she covers XTC; read the very first review on Paul Allen's website for more.