Monday, January 17, 2005

Career Change

49ers Pick Mike Nolan to Be New Coach

No real comments from me on this article, but those who went to Augustana with me will find the headline amusing. I know an English degree is supposed to equip you to do anything, but football coach? I had no idea Dr. Nolan was so versatile.

He probably picked more than two of the four games this weekend correctly, too...I'm off in a few minutes to treat Brad to Stir Crazy after incorrectly predicting a Colts victory. Oh well; there are worse ways to honor the memory of Dr. King than a Thai Curry. Probably not many, but...
Here's a bit of recompense, in the form of his words that I continue to try to live up to:

"It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can stop him from lynching me, and I think that's pretty important."
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
"When you are right you cannot be too radical; when you are wrong, you cannot be too conservative."
"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

No comments: