Tuesday, February 08, 2005

No Joking Matter

Lazy Americans Becoming Less Lazy

There was a joke during the presidential campaign. Bush would start talking about how he had created so many jobs in recent months, and a waitress would say to him, "I know. I'm working three of them." Well, it's no joke. After Bush told a mother of three with a mentally-challenged child that he would preserve Social Security last Friday, this exchange ensued:
MS. MORNIN: That's good, because I work three jobs and I feel like I contribute.

THE PRESIDENT: You work three jobs?

MS. MORNIN: Three jobs, yes.

THE PRESIDENT: Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that. (Applause.) Get any sleep? (Laughter.)
Yes, it's "uniquely American" that a woman in her fifties would have to work three jobs to keep up. Also that we would elect a moron who would make a joke of that fact.

No comments: