Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Deja Vu

AFL-CIO Won't Endorse Anyone in DNC Race

Haven't we seen this before? Howard Dean once again looks like the unassailable front-runner in a race, this time for chairman of the Democratic National Committee. I'm betting that, similar to CNN's reluctance to call Ohio on election night that stemmed from the Florida blunder four years earlier, the media are holding out on calling this a done deal because they've called a race for Dean before--in January 2004--and had it blow up on them.

But I'm sure he'll prevail, in part because way back on February 12, 2004, I said that Dean should become the "fundraising chair" of the DNC. What day will the election of the new DNC chair take place? That would be February 12. I say it's fate--plus, it will be nice to have been right about something I predicted during the election season.

No comments: