Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Trio

I missed the first third of Idol last night due to a veterinary emergency (Raider stopped eating and allowed me to pick him up without a fight, not at all like usual) but did see enough to know what I'd like to see happen tonight.

Bo's got to win this thing now, right? That a capella performance was so daring, so unexpected, and so incredible that he's head and shoulders above the others. Bo was also the only contestant whose song choice seemed inspired; Vonzell had already done "Chain of Fools" in her audition and set herself up for comparisons to last year's rendition by Fantasia, while Carrie singing Air Supply is just the blandest thing I can imagine.

If it were up to me--and we watched the show on tape, so I couldn't vote, so it's really not up to me at all--Carrie would go back to Checotah tonight and Bo would get to romp over Vonzell next week. Then Clive Davis would sign deals with all three singers anyway, because they've all got enough talent to make it as recording artists. In reality, I'm sure the predictable slog started with Scott's demise will continue and Vonzell will go home tonight. Too bad--two hours half-filled with Carrie's animatronic performances sounds pretty awful, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but you know that there will be some snafu that sends Bo home. Why? Because the votes are all about ratings. I also have theories on professional sports and ratings.

Bo is the best, and he'll leave. I don't know who will win, but looking back on the previous years, I say Carrie. I just keep thinking back to an interview with Simon before the first AI went on, when he said that the finale would be a guy and a girl. It's all rigged.