Friday, May 14, 2004

As Ohio Goes...

Kerry Edges Ahead of Bush in Ohio

So goes the nation. Kerry leads by seven points in Ohio--with or without Nader in the race. Considering the onslaught of negative ads from Bush, for Kerry to be tracking around 50 percent is remarkable. If he can win Ohio...well, I'd be willing to bet that if Kerry wins Ohio, he'll be the president in January. Yes, it's still early, but Bush is hemorrhaging support.

Jasmine Trias isn't, though. Every media outlet in Hawaii is doing its best to keep her on American Idol, as this article details. Fox may not be willing to release the details of voting, but the numbers from Verizon, Hawaii's phone company, don't lie: When Hawaii has the third-highest call volume in a big portion of the nation, something is up. It may take a tsunami in the Pacific next Tuesday night to prevent Miss Trias from claiming the crown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to say that i will be able to continue to ridicule richard on his own website, since my new laptop allows me to get around the company security shield and surf the net freely.

I like the news about Kerry being ahead and Bush's numbers falling. Anything that shows that he has a very poor historical shot at repeating, or even winning this year, is music to my ears. I just refuse to get my hopes up yet.

Richard said...

I'm very happy you can be here, too, even if these comments are, for now, harder for me to access than the old ones, and kind of counter-intuitive.

I've tried hard not to get my hopes up, but I know I've failed. Six months ago, no matter how hopeful I seemed, I believed deep down that Bush would win the election. Today I feel, in my heart, that every day brings us closer to the inauguration of President Kerry.