Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Long Flight Home

Was this the last dance for Jasmine?

By this time tomorrow, Jasmine Trias will be on a flight back to Hawaii, or Simon Cowell's head will have exploded. She's snuck through to this point, but last night Jasmine was outclassed by such a large margin by all three of her competitors that seeing her stay on the show would cause a bigger outcry than the ouster of Jennifer Hudson. (Speaking of J-Hud, wouldn't she have been great last night?)

At the end of the show last night, I was left saying to myself, "Wow. Diana could actually win this thing." I think I've gotten so used to the week-after-week competence of La Toya and Fantasia that Diana's emergence is more exciting to me. Nevertheless, I hope Fantasia and La Toya survive to the final two--but check back with me this time next week. You never know.

No comments: