Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Big Day

Cold White Peas

Today's a big day for music, as this NYT editorial laments. New albums from Coldplay, the White Stripes, and the Black Eyed Peas are expected to goose the industry's numbers and make up for a whole slew of crappy months of music sales.

I'll be buying two of the three at lunch (nothing could make me pay money to listen to retreads of "Let's Get It Started"), but then I buy two or three albums every week or two. I'm making my way alphabetically through all the albums I've purchased that were released in 2005 and despite a nearly uninterrupted work day, I only made it to E yesterday! So here's a pair of questions for people to answer: Will you be buying any of these three new releases? And what was the last new album you bought?

4 comments:

Richard said...

I'll start.
A) Yes, I'm buying Coldplay and the White Stripes.
B) The last two new albums before these that I bought were the new Weezer and the new Dave Matthews Band.

Victoria said...

a) No - I'm poor
b) Little Women & Spamalot

Anonymous said...

a) Brian bought Coldplay yesterday
b) I haven't purchased a CD in forever, but the last one Brian bought was the new DMB

Paul V. Allen said...

Your wording "retreads of Let's Get It Started" while unfair is also funny, because the song on the album is actually "Let's Get Retarded." Retread. Retard. Only an "e" separates them!