Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Confirmation

"Naked" Said Unsuitable for GOP Delegates

Remember when I asked how many of the G.O.P. delegates are secretly gay? It looks like the answer is "at least 12." Well, I suppose there's no way to know that for sure. But something tells me that the 12 G.O.P. delegates who bought discount tickets to "Naked Boys Singing" before the Republican National Committee declared the show unfit for Republican consumption are G.A.Y.

I hope, by the way, that this was said with irony:
The show's producer, Carl White, said the RNC's decision to drop the show runs counter to the reasons Republicans chose New York to host the convention in the first place.

"It's very disappointing to us," said White. "They say they picked us because of our equality, our diversity, our culture."

If you believe that, Carl, I've got a 9/11 memorial on some swampland that I'd like to sell to you. And here's a friendly bit of advice--you should do some more aggressive marketing. I was in New York for four days, and I had NO IDEA your show was running. Not that I'd have seen it anyway, right? I recommend a billboard right outside Madison Square Garden that looks something like this:
Naked Boys Singing

No comments: