Thursday, August 26, 2004

Wonderful World

Manifesto - A press release from PRKA

It's another short week for me, which means another long weekend without posts for you. But I leave you with a piece, above, that Slate calls "low concept" but which strikes me, ironically, as perhaps the highest concept I've read about during these many months of slogging through campaign coverage. Don't worry; I'm not going soft on you. I'll be back Monday to flog McCain and Bush for failing to understand the meaning of the First Amendment and that you combat speech that's wrong with speech that's right, not by silencing everyone. But it's nice to remember, once in a while, that most of us are going through the world and trying to do the right thing.

Enjoy the article, and have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Do you think Kerry wants to be talking about this stuff? Yes, he's been inept at handling this, and yes, he should have seen it coming, but does that make it his fault? I think the national media has been engaging in a big blame-the-victim fest here when they should be focusing on making sure every American understands the reality of this Swift Boat stuff--that it's a load of shit.

By the way, the leader of SBVT will be on Bill Maher tonight. Should be interesting.