Tuesday, August 10, 2004

That's All It Takes

The Onion: Kerry Unveils One-Point Plan For Better America

The latest top story from The Onion sounds so real it's hard to remember it's (sort-of) fiction. You can guess, I assume, that Kerry's one-point plan is "the removal of George W. Bush from the White House." Observe this gem:

"Politicians make a lot of campaign promises," Lance Radda said. "Sure, this not-being-Bush policy sounds good now. But how can we be sure that Kerry will deliver on that promise once in office?"

Kerry addressed Radda's question.

"I promise you, here and now, that I will enact my one-point plan on the day I enter the Oval Office," Kerry said. "For the last three and a half years, we've had George W. Bush, and today I have this to say: We can do better!"
We sure can, John. We sure can. We can, and we will. We can, and we must.

No comments: