Thursday, August 19, 2004

Life's No Picnic

Bear guzzles 36 beers, passes out at campground

There's plenty of serious stuff going on today, but you deserve a bit of frivolity, right? The bear in this article sounds suspiciously like Homer Simpson in a bear costume, particularly as he was caught by using doughnuts, honey, and beer as bait.

Anyhow, I didn't post yesterday because I was at the company picnic. Afterward I spent five hours making phone calls for Melissa Bean, the Democrat running to replace Phil Crane in the 8th District in Illinois. My calls revealed a lot of people who are ready to dump Crane; after 35 years of ineffectiveness, I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise. An article in this morning's Daily Herald showed that yesterday's debate between the two candidates demonstrated that Bean is a better fit for the district, but the paper hasn't put the article online. You'll hear more about Bean, though; her race may be the only close one in Illinois this fall, and it represents one of a few opportunities for Democrats to pick up a seat in the House. I'll be doing what I can to help make it happen.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Sounds like a party in the STL!