Monday, March 21, 2005

Free Fiona!

fiona apple

This link isn't a petition--it's the entire Extraordinary Machine album, available for download right now. Am I OK with this? I faced a similar ethical dilemma with the "stolen" Dave Matthews Band album in college, and my solution is this: Take it now, promise yourself you'll buy it when it's finally for sale. (For the record, I did buy Busted Stuff the day it came out, only to find it inferior to the raw stuff to be found on The Lillywhite Sessions.)

Isn't finding interesting new music by a great artist more fun than talking about a dying woman all day?

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I certainly prefer hearing about it to the recent usurption of power. Although it's interesting to see how strongly some of my friends fit on the opposite ends of the continuum in reaction to it.

Hope you're recoving from the water incident.