Thursday, March 17, 2005

No Alarms, No Surprises

I'm at the end of a long day that didn't involve going to work. Clothes have been washed, mirrors have been cleaned, banana bread has been baked, and a man from Nicor has replaced the gas meter.

I could have spent some of the day off on the phone with my friends, but I have a small problem. When my former cell phone joined me in the waters of Austin's Town Lake, it panicked more than I did (a feat for which it should be given some sort of drama award) and, trying to lose weight and stay afloat, jettisoned both its call-making ability and all of the phone numbers it had stored like a grand piano on the Oregon Trail. While I have quite the memory, I'm drawing blanks regarding the numbers of a great many of my friends. So, if you think your phone number belongs in my phone, please either call me, e-mail it to me, or put it in the comments if you're comfortable sharing with all the folks who come here looking for "At last my love has come along" lyrics only to find a post about the release of the first three seasons of Seinfeld on DVD.

Speaking of music, I was right about Lindsey, no? I had Mario finishing sixth, however; his departure screws up my list and alters the dynamics of the show. I'll have to ponder how Nikko will fare as his replacement, but in the meantime, I'm feeling good about my picks. What did Simon say to Vonzell last night? That if she doesn't do something to stand out from the middle, she'll last five more weeks. And how many weeks do I have her lasting in my projections?

That would be five.

More substantial thoughts tomorrow.

No comments: