Thursday, March 10, 2005

Rocker Shocker

The 'American Idol' Final-12 Party

Our long national nightmare is over. Janay Castine is going home, and Idol returns to twice-weekly broadcasts next week.

The show will do so with a final 12 that includes at least one surprise. Two for four with a dark horse isn't bad, right? But the fact that both Constantine and Scott Savol survived comes as something of a shock to me--and perhaps an omen of bad things to come, especially as their survival came at Nikko Smith's expense. Is this going to be another year when boring white guys with "interesting" back stories advance well beyond the level their talent would dictate? It happened last year with Matt Rodgers, John Stevens, and JPL--could it happen again with Scott and Constantine?

I'm betting not. Here is my prediction for the order in which the finalists will be eliminated (note that this is not necessarily the order in which I would eliminate them myself):
Lindsey Cardinale
Scott Savol
Constantine Maroulis
Jessica Sierra
Mikalah Gordon
Vonzell Solomon
Mario Vazquez
Anthony Federov
Carrie Underwood
Bo Bice
Anwar Robinson

Which means your winner is...Nadia Turner. (Note that this is who I think should win.)

Think I'm wrong? Way off? Let me know below--but please, suggest your own order.

No comments: