Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Idle Predictions

AMERICAN IDOL

I should have started this last week, but for the record, I predicted the first two people (Jared and Melinda) who got the boot and didn't even guess on the other two. How many of the remaining 20 can I correctly guess? I'll be happy with half...

I think tonight will be the end of the road for David Brown, Joseph Murena, Janay Castine, and Celena Rae. Dark horses: Scott Savol and Aloha Mischeaux.

If I had to guess the top 12 now, I'd say: Anthony Federov, Anwar Robinson, Bo Bice, Mario Vasquez, Nikko Smith, Travis Tucker, Carrie Underwood, Jessica Sierra, Lindsey Cardinale, Mikalah Gordon, Nadia Turner, and Vonzell Solomon. I feel more confident about the boys than the girls, by the way--especially Lindsey and Jessica, whose songs so far have done nothing for me.

Anyone else who still watches this show--which I swore off after last season but continue to watch despite the pressing obligations of grad school--is welcome to quibble with my predictions.

No comments: