Wednesday, March 09, 2005

A Modest Proposal

Can we just move to the top six right now? I'm ready to let Anwar, Bo, Anthony, Nadia, Vonzell, and Carrie duke it out.

I'll stick with my picks from last week: Tonight will be the end of the road for Janay (please!) and Amanda, with Lindsey the dark horse to leave and Mikalah the one who really should accompany Janay in the limo to the airport.

Tomorrow: My prediction of the week-by-week vote-off order of the top 12!
Coming Friday: Farewell, cold! We're off to Texas.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Oh, do I have a mountain of excuses for you:

First, AI is an easy blog topic, and I've been pretty busy lately. I could be writing long screeds about Social Security--would that be better?

Second, it's all Brad's fault! I was not going to watch this season at all, but it's become our "together" TV watching. And now that I'm in, I can't get out.

The AI schedule will calm down after this week, though, as the show goes back to a night of singing and a night of results. Thank goodness--these three weeks have been terrible.

By the way, Fox's plan for world domination is working: Last night we watched House after Idol, and all the ads for The O.C. finally have me watching that show as well. I'm still taping the results show so I can watch West Wing in HD, though.

In any case, I consider the show, at least the way we watch and discuss it, a study of sociology as well as entertainment. Where others may passively watch it and root for contestants, I'm also contemplating the demographics that will impact the vote, considering ways that these fake elections are like our real elections--and how they differ, and...

Well, maybe I'll have to write more posts that reflect that sort of thinking, anyhow. As all pundits know, though, 'tis easier to offer predictions that may or may not be right than to offer solid commentary that makes people think. And sometimes, that's all people want anyhow.