Thursday, April 21, 2005

Bad Boy

Staying power - How does Scott Savol keep his spot each week on ‘American Idol’?

OK, Anwar had been getting on my nerves for weeks with his camera-gazing and refusal to sing entire songs at a consistent level of quality. And while I was high on him initially (I had him finishing second to Nadia), his stock had dropped considerably in my eyes after several shaky weeks. But to see Anwar, with his winning personality and enormous voice, depart ahead of the obnoxious and vocally-challenged Scott Savol--a week after seeing Nadia suffer the same indignity--makes me think the rules of the game need to change. At the halfway point in each top 12, or thereabouts, America should get one chance to vote someone OUT--not to vote for our favorites, but to band together and shout, "Scott, you suck!"

Oh well. If everyone left in precisely the order they should, it wouldn't be very interesting, would it?

No comments: