Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Let's Drop Another Boy

The switch is complete on Idol. Vonzell and Constantine proved last night that they've grown by leaps and bounds, outshining Nadia and Bo and hopefully keeping themselves safe for another week. I can't believe I'm saying this, but Constantine was clearly on his game last night. He delivered the best performance of the night with "Bohemian Rhapsody," followed by Vonzell's rock-solid and exciting "Let's Hear it For the Boy." Shockingly, Anthony pulled off a decent rendition of "Every Time You Go Away" and may also avoid bottom three status.

Carrie and Anwar continued down their long, robotic road. Anwar seems programmed to wobble his head about and float around the right notes, while Carrie sounds the part but still looks like she's putting on an act rather than really getting into her songs.

But the bottom three this week ought to be Bo, whose "Freebird" was tired and boring; Nadia, whose song started out well enough but collapsed under the crushing weight of repetitive lyrics; and Scott, whose back-talk to Simon--"I had the courage to do this when millions of people out there didn't. I think I rocked"--should be the last word he gets on the matter. He never found a key to call his own during the song, and I actually cringed several times during the lower notes of "She's Gone." He's gone, if you ask me.

No comments: