Thursday, April 14, 2005

Photo Finish

What would Honest Abe say?

This article from the Chicago Tribune discusses the practice of painting historic murals using the faces of people known by the artist. I've been trying to find an image online that proves it, but you'll have to take it on faith for now: I have been guilty of taking part in such a scheme. Every day, people in Iowa see my face when they view a mural of the Corps of Discovery that accompanied Lewis and Clark. I'm the one carrying the fish.

Anyhow, I should quickly note that I had the bottom three pegged correctly this week--quite an event, considering my recent lack of success. How did Scott finish third-to-last, though? I don't understand how he's clinging to life while people with real talent are going home. Now we're down to five guys and only two girls. Next week's bottom three had better be Bo, Anthony, and Scott--and it's time for Scott to go.

Nice to hear Nadia sing "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me" one last time, though. One of my favorite songs--though I don't agree with the sentiments expressed, being much more demanding than that--and Ms. Turner does it proud. She was my favorite going in and I'm sorry to see her go.

No comments: