Friday, April 22, 2005

If I knew it was for you, I never would have given it to him in the first place! I would have taken a hatchet and smashed it to pieces!

'Seinfeld' inspiration offers soup line

I stayed up late last night because, just as I was saying goodnight, the "Soup Nazi" episode came on. Who can resist?

I understand that the word Nazi is a sensitive one, but today's news that the insipiration for the Soup Nazi will be introducing a line of soup called "Soup Man" in stores really sticks in my craw. I'm sure there are rights issues to be worked out with the show, but shouldn't this stuff be called "Soup Nazi" soup? Wouldn't that drive sales up?

That said, watching Elaine fall into a doorway after one spoonful of bisque makes me think I may have to try this new soup, whatever they call it.

No comments: