Monday, October 17, 2005

Odd Request

Contadina Product Nutrition - Contadina Recipe Ready Diced Tomatoes with Roasted Red Peppers

This is probably the most off-topic post of my blogging career. (Is there a topic, really? How can one be off it?)

I'm looking for stores that carry the product linked above. It's a can of diced tomatoes with roasted red peppers mixed in. I used to be able to buy it at Jewel, but a few months ago it was on clearance. I bought a bunch, but now it's off the store shelves and I'm down to my last can.

This is my secret soup ingredient. It brings out the flavor of the broth and adds a sweet hint to offset both the spiciness of the potatoes and carrots (which I saute with chili and cumin) and the acidity of the other tomatoes I add. And now I'm about to run out!

If you see this at your local supermarket, dollar store, or even (gasp!) Wal-Mart, please let me know--or buy it and let me reimburse you. Winter just won't be the same without it.

No comments: