Friday, August 08, 2003

A Bad Day Golfing...

Isn't quite as good as getting a job, but beats actually going to work. My dad and I played a course in Elgin this afternoon that offered little in the way of challenge and a good deal of annoyance. And it rained three times while we were playing, defying the Weather Channel's certainty that no rain would fall today.

But...the new Harry Potter was waiting for me when I got home. I know--I'm almost two months behind the times. I haven't even finished Hillary's book yet!

Speaking of books, you may have noticed that I added a "Recent Reads" section on the right. Each link will take you to the Amazon.com page for the particular book; I'm only listing books I've read AND enjoyed. (Which explains why 17-year-old Nick McDonell's Twelve , possibly the most overrated book of recent times, didn't make the sidebar.) I know, linking to Amazon makes me a corporate sellout, but they have good reviews and the most extensive customer comments on books, making the site a good spot to browse even if you buy from Barnes and Noble or your favorite independent bookseller. (You can't buy from Borders. My good friend Marilee Reu won't let you.)

That's enough whimsy for now.

No comments: