Thursday, August 28, 2003

The Best CDs (in My Collection)

As I claimed I might a few days ago, I've sifted through about 450 CDs to come up with a list of the best and brightest. I didn't consider anything released this year eligible: not enough time. Even so, this list feels heavy on recent music--indeed, with the exception of a few Dylan albums and the 'Til Tuesday, it could be a list of the best of the last 10 years. I'll be looking forward to getting blasted for this list. Without further adieu, in alphabetical order:

Fiona Apple: When the Pawn…
Beck: Mutations
Coldplay: A Rush of Blood to the Head
Bob Dylan: Blood on the Tracks
Bob Dylan: Love and Theft
Bob Dylan: Nashville Skyline
Everclear: Songs From an American Movie, Volume One and Two
Ben Folds: Rockin' the Suburbs
Chris Isaak: Forever Blue
Aimee Mann: Bachelor No. 2 (or, the last remains of the dodo)
Oasis: (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?
Tom Petty: Wildflowers
Radiohead: Kid A
Radiohead: OK Computer
Radiohead: The Bends
'Til Tuesday: Everything's Different Now
Toad the Wet Sprocket: Dulcinea
Weezer: Pinkerton
Weezer: Weezer , (blue album)
Williams, Lucinda: Car Wheels on a Gravel Road

No comments: