Friday, August 29, 2003

A Thousand Beautiful Things...

is the title of the first song on Annie Lennox's new album, Bare . I bought it at Tower Records after having dinner with Brian, Michele, and Jon. I definitely ate too many chips before our dinner arrived...wouldn't you think that would have done a better job of soaking up the margarita that's making it difficult to type properly right now?

After allowing Brian to pay for dinner, I also managed to sell him on about 6 CDs while at Tower, including Radiohead's Hail to the Thief , The Flaming Lips' The Soft Bulletin , Chris Isaak's Forever Blue , Coldplay's Parachutes , Wilco's AM , and Miles Davis' Kind of Blue . None of these were more than $9.99, and at least two of them were only $7.99! So, if you have a Tower nearby, I'd recommend a trip over the weekend while the sale is still on. And thanks to Brian both for the meal and for spending money on my tastes, and to Michele and Jon for being part of a fun evening.

No comments: